Alert: Notifications at reduced capacity during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 alert level four requirements.
Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
WorkSafe has a variety of key operational activities and priorities within the major hazard facilities sector.
Key operational activities
Driving improvements in industry major hazard safety performance through proactive regulatory interventions such as:
- Risk-based inspection of operations to determine the adequacy of management systems.
- Investigating accidents and incidents.
- Enforcement of statutory duties and requirements.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to identify, define, document and promote good practice in the assessment and management of major hazards in the upstream major hazard facility sector.
- Assessing and making decisions on facility notifications and safety cases.
- Continue to recruit and develop our MHF staff
- Carrying out inspections and responding to notifications
- Assessing safety cases and MAPPs
- Ensuring that workers at MHF sites are engaged as required by the MHF regulations
- Continue to engage with stakeholders on what we do, why and how we do it; with an aim of ensuring compliance with the MHF regulations