Metalman New Zealand Limited
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure the alligator shear machine is adequately guarded at the point of operation.
- Ensure the foot pedal is securely positioned at a safe distance from the point of operation to prevent inadvertent activation and access.
- The machine is to be fitted with a warning device to warn the operator every time the blade initiated downwards movement.
- An appropriate holding or securing device should be fitted to the machine to prevent the metal scrap from kicking back when cut by the blades.
- Implement a safe operating procedure to ensure that the operator is not interrupted or distracted by other staff while operating the alligator shear machine.