CMP Construction Limited
Court Summary - at a glance
- Use an effective means of fall protection e.g.
- Isolating harm mechanisms (mobile scaffolding that could reach the top trusses or mobile elevating work platforms
- Where the above is not possible, minimising harm mechanisms such as safety nets or mesh or soft landing systems.
- Ensure controls are properly documented in a clear, up to date and relevant manner prior to the work commencing
- Have an effective system to communicate these controls to employees ensuring that everyone is aware and follows them
- Provide effective supervision of the work to ensure that the employees are following the agreed procedures.
At the time of the accident, there were no effective means of fall protection in place. The employee suffered serious injuries including fractured humerus, clavicle and fracture ribs, and a significant on-going head injury.