We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions in Auckland. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
WorkSafe has exempted Tru-Tech Fibreglass Industries Limited from compliance with regulations 11.37 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017.
An exemption has been granted by WorkSafe in accordance with section 220 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to Tru-Tech Fibreglass Industries Limited for the building type of its fibreglass workroom at 37 Wakefield Street, Onekawa, Napier.
The exemption is made subject to the following conditions:
- Installation of a wall with a fire resistance rating of not less than 120/120/120 minutes between the workshops and the office. All doors between the workshops and the office must have a fire resistance rating of not less than -/120/60 minutes.
- An audible and visible alarm which operates whenever the air extraction system stops operating.
- Installation of a cabinet which is compliant with AS 1940-2004 The storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids for storing class 3.1B (acetone) when it is not in use.
- Written operating procedures for the following circumstances:
- The flammable substance vapour level reaches 150ppm.
- The concentration of styrene reaches 10% of the LEL (1,100 ppm of styrene).
- The air extraction system stops operating.
- The fire extinguishers deployed throughout the fibreglassing area and site as shown in the site plan dated 10/06/07 and drawn by BC Trower must be maintained and have current certification.
- The quantity of class 3.1C substances stored or used in the fibreglassing area must not exceed 750 L.
- The quantity of class 3.1B (acetone) substances stored or used in the fibreglassing area must not exceed 60 L.
- All workers working for Tru-Tech Fibreglass Industries Limited must receive two-yearly training in the use of fire extinguishers and training records must be kept as required under regulation 4.5(5).
- A compliance certifier coming to the site for the purpose of issuing a location compliance certificate for the fibreglassing area must be provided with a copy of this exemption.
- The exemption is revoked if:
- There is a change to the layout of the site as shown in the site plan dated 10/06/07 and drawn by BC Trower; or
- There is a change in ownership; or
- Any of the conditions are not complied with.
The exemption takes effect on 21 September 2018 and expires on 21 September 2023 unless it is sooner replaced or revoked.