Alert: Notifications and correspondence during COVID-19 restrictions
We are operating at reduced capacity due to the COVID 19 Alert Level Two requirements. Find out more about how to correspond and notify us during this time.
You might also hear from us as we proactively call businesses about how they're operating safely during Alert Level Two.
Welcome to the first issue of the hazardous substances newsletter for this year.
There are some important regulatory changes coming into effect. They are a continuation of the December 2017 hazardous substances law changes. We'll be keeping you updated on what you need to do to be prepared for these changes.
In this issue:
- Upcoming changes:
- New rules for Class 6 and 8 substances
- Hazardous waste changes
- Temporary storage of vertebrate toxic agents
- New performance standards for our compliance certifiers
- Do you need to be a certified handler to clear 1080 off walking tracks?
- Hazardous substances guidance – what’s new?
- Getting rid of household hazardous waste
- Innovating health and safety around hazardous substances