Claude's risky lounge safety competition
Be in to win one of two 6th generation 128GB iPads donated by the LPG Association of New Zealand.
Identify the six gas and electricity risks that we have placed in our Facebook image and comment on the WorkSafe Facebook post to enter the draw.
Winter heating season is upon us - make sure you know how to spot the risks with your gas and electrical appliances to keep you and your family safe this winter.
Find out more on our winter energy safety page.
Terms and conditions
- WorkSafe New Zealand ('WorkSafe') has partnered with the LPG Association of New Zealand to give away two iPads (the 'Competition').
- The Competition is subject to the following terms and conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to New Zealand residents. Employees of WorkSafe or the LPG Association of New Zealand or their families are ineligible for entry. WorkSafe may require proof of eligibility.
- The Competition runs from 9am Thursday 26 July 2018 to midnight Saturday 4 August 2018 (NZST). No late entries will be accepted.
- To enter into the Competition the entrant must identify the six gas and electricity hazards/risks that WorkSafe has placed in the Competition image. No comments made on posts other than the WorkSafe competition post will be eligible for entry.
- Route to entry for the Competition (which is being run through Facebook) and details of how to can be found on our Facebook page(external link).
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Any additional entry made by a person will not be eligible for inclusion in the draw. Any entrant who identifies the correct length from the heater will be placed into a draw. WorkSafe will then randomly draw two winners at 10 am on Monday 6 August 2018 from the entrants who have been placed in the draw.
- Winners will initially be notified via Facebook Messenger by 3pm on Monday 6 August 2018 and will be asked to provide their full contact details, phone, email and delivery address through Facebook Messenger. Failure to respond to such a message or provide all requested personal information within 3 days at WorkSafe’s sole discretion may invalidate the entry and result in a new winner being drawn.
- In order to conduct the Competition WorkSafe collects and holds personal information, information which is used to notify prize winners, verify prize winners’ identities, and for publicity purposes relating to the Competition and WorkSafe's summer energy safety campaign. The information is held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- By entering into the Competition, each entrant agrees that WorkSafe may collect and hold personal information for these purposes including publishing a winner’s Facebook details (including name, town, and photo) on WorkSafe’s Facebook page, website and in print or digital material published by WorkSafe relating to the Competition or WorkSafe's winter energy safety campaign.
- There is two 6th generation 128GB iPad prizes to be given away which the LPG Association of New Zealand will ship to the successful entrants. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- WorkSafe reserves the right to vary the terms, and to modify, terminate or reschedule the Competition, and to substitute any of the prizes for a similar prize of the same value.
- WorkSafe is not liable for any loss, damage or injury (including and without limitation any indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any person in connection with the competition and or the prize, except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- WorkSafe can be contacted in relation to this competition at Competition, Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington, New Zealand.